Are You Ready to Take Your Career to The Next Level?
Ace's Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program will give you the hands-on and real world skills to become an Ultrasound Technician or Sonographer and give you the marketability to elevate your career.
In addition, Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. For more information call or text (347) 201-0165 or fill out the form to request info.
Are you looking to make a difference in someone’s life? Diagnostic Medical Sonographers specialize in creating images of the body’s organs and tissues. They are known as sonograms or ultrasounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take medical history to prepare patients for procedures
- Prepare and Maintain diagnostic imaging equipment
- Operate equipment to obtain diagnostic imaging and conduct test.
- Review images/test results to check for quality and accuracy when scanning areas needed for diagnostics.
- Analyze diagnostic information to provide a summary of findings for physicians
- Record findings and keep track of patient’s records.
Different Types of Diagnostic Sonographers:
- Musculoskeletal Sonographers image the muscles, ligaments, tendons and joints. They assist in ultrasound guidance during procedures in which an injection is needed to transport medicine or treatment directly to the infected tissue.
- Vascular Technologist deal with the blood vessels and collect data that help physicians diagnose disorders affecting the flow of blood. Vascular Sonographers measure a patient's blood flow in the arms, legs, fingers and toes in order to evaluate blood flow, and identify if any arteries are blocked.
- Obstetric and Gynecologic Sonographers deal with the female reproductive system. They work closely with physicians to monitor the baby's growth.
How do I get started??
Simple! Our experienced Admissions Advisers are standing by to get you the answers you need! Each applicant who is considering a career in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is required to meet with one of our experienced Admissions Advisers. During that time, you will learn more about:
- Requirements for the program
- Job Outlook and Placements Assistance
- Financial aid assistance
- Tour the campus and discuss next steps
Family support or friends are welcome! All applicants are reviewed by the Campus President for final acceptance.
What do I need?
Associates degree in an Allied Healthcare program, OR
BA degree in anything
Why Choose ACE?
Small class sizes so you won’t get lost in the crowd.
One of the most affordable tuition in New York
We prepare you for your National Certification
Experienced and dedicated instructors
Job placement assistance
- You get to work with Cutting Edge Technology – You become the expert! Although ultrasound machines may seem difficult to work in the beginning, patients are usually fascinated by the technology, which leads to a lot of questions, and guess what? You have the answers!
- High in Demand – Qualified sonographers can find a job in almost any city or state, whether it be an imaging center, medical practice or hospital.
- Your skills are needed more than ever – Sonography is constantly evolving as technology improves. It is now possible to produce 3D and 4D images.
- You are well rounded – Ultrasound technicians have a variety of responsibilities. From preparing treatment rooms for procedures, to handling administrative tasks, (scheduling, handling phone calls, performing vital signs, taking patient history, etc.) you are never bored.
- You don’t have to have experience in healthcare – Having experience in healthcare is not a prerequisite for any ultrasound program. Training programs are designed to teach you EVERYTHING you will need to know about the field, so don’t be worried.
- You are a part of a team environment – Even though you run test on your own, you still collaborate with nurses, doctors and other medical professionals to get the information you need.
- You are important – When you become a Registered Sonographer, you are now identified as a “Medical Professional,” and you will work side by side with Radiologist and other doctors.
- You don’t have to be stuck behind a desk – You are constantly on the go. Whether you are assisting patients or moving equipment, you are constantly on your feet, depending on where you choose to work.
- No limitations – Regardless of race, gender or religious background, all are welcome. Limited growth, skill level or available fields to work will not limit you. There are always opportunities
- Your job is safe! – Sonographers work with sound waves which is much safer than radiographic technology and x-rays. Most people turn to sonographers for safety reasons.
Tips & Fun Facts: Top 10 Reasons to Become an Ultrasound Technician.
Top Qualities of a Great Sonographer?
- Technical Skills and Eye-Hand coordination
- Compassion and Interpersonal skills
- Detailed Oriented
- Problem solver
(According the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers|
|Outpatient and Care Centers||$81,200|
|Hospitals (state, local and private)||$69,890|
|Medical and Diagnostics Labs||$69,690|
|States with the highest employment level in this occupation
The average projected growth for Diagnostic Medical Sonographers is 23% between 2016-2026.
- ARDMS Certification makes you more marketable. Most doctors look for this credential because it says that you passed the written portion. This officially qualifies you an Ultrasound Technologist.
- Ultrasound is a favored method of diagnosis because it has little to no side effects and doesn’t cost much
- Ultrasound is broken into 3 steps:
- Producing the sound wave
- Receiving the echo
- Interpreting the echo
- Ultrasounds can determine the sex of a fetus as early as 18-20 weeks
- Ultrasound waves are too high for humans to hear but within range of what dogs and cats can hear.
- Veterinarians use diagnostic ultrasound for their animal patients.
A Career in Sonography is Waiting for You!
Are You Ready to Schedule an Appointment or Apply Now?
If you’re interested in learning more about a career as a Sonographer and exploring if Ace Institute of Technology is right for you, let us know. We will assist with everything from career questions to financing options and help you on your career pathway.